Friday, May 8, 2009

Color ur B'z away!




I was bored.Oh, so very bored.Bored.Bored.Bored.There comes a time in life when one is soo driven by boredom and frustration that one ends up doing weird stuff..like take off on a world tour..or eat a lotta chocolates..and when i say 'a lot' i mean an insane amount...Me, I can't afford a world tour or an insane amount of choc..so i go the subtle way and paint my room.

Ok when u think up that idea in ur head it sounds simple enuff..paint the wall..everyone dus it..and on tv it alwayz look like so much fun!and the end result is gona b amazing...like in the berger paint ad...


ok, i m not gona tell me if i agree with all that..let ya decide for urself based on this post...


so after i pop the idea..i spend another one week tryin to decide wat exactly i want to put up...i mean its a wall not a piece of paper where u can just tear it up and start a new paintin..i mean sure u cud tear down the wall too and build another one...depending on ur financial positioning. Anyway i gave it sum thought...n a lil more thought and sum more and one day just went ahead and started on an idea which i had thought of for some 5 mins..


The starting phase is good...you think u know what ur doin..if ur wall is as old as mine u end with an allergy....so ur sketchin out a broadoutline..wish i had a pick of the broad outline but then i'd rather not show u cos if u tell me its better than the finished thing then i'll have to kill myself...


so day one is spend on broad outline..


day two is when u figure out ur colours...I'm not much of a painter..I'm more of a charcoal person..and my colour sense is just dreadful...so this was by far the most difficult stage..Since the purpose of this operation is to brighten up my room, i decide to go for LOUD colours..and thus..


ok so maybe that does'nt look LOUD, i thought...a very bad thought. I had'nt made use of any actual paint as yet..so i pull out all my sister's old art supplies and come aross and also unused buncha paint..the gooey ones.So two days after that..I get crackin..just like in the movies!!











ok and fiiiiiinally...after say 3 or so hours of hard work, sweating and sweating and more sweating......



kindly ignore the faint scribblings on the background..That wat happens wen u think u got a great idea but turns out to b a not so great idea..ok i would have rather it looked like this one below...



Now that...that is more like a very painter person sorta picture..that..is also a photoshopped version of my real wall.. :-(


so thats it...that was how my work of art ended up lookin like..I'll probably not be sleepin in that room for a long time now..cos the more i look at it, the more i hate it..but then thats me..It's not great, but i had fun...and it was better than doin wat i usually do to kill time...stand on my head to see if my feet gets any paler due to the reduction of blood..


so if this post has inspired u to get crackin on ur wall too...go ahead..its kinda fun too actually...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant beleive no one has commented yet....the paintaing is not that bad u say....maybe im saying cos its not my wall....cos mine juz has posters of....u know what right?....lol...

Nishanth said...

Paintin looks great and that shades in the background is wonderfull unlike wat you think...:P

VikramAdith said...

Wowee, I've never seen anyone do THAT to a wall. Wunderbar!

saneone said...

Hey Chins it looks wonderful. gr8 work. keep it up

Anonymous said...

nadia ali - is it love ... great taste of music ,ur blog is cool. why painting on walls ? try a beer nxt time .

~Lady A~ said...

@anonymouz/casper - thank u 4 bein d first commentator..and yeah i know wat posters u got on ur wall.. :-P

@nish - aww thankz, n thanks for noticing the shades in the bg..that took d longest!

@vik - heh..u shud see the berger paint ad...he just throwz paaint together n ends up with a masterpiece wall..

@sanch - thank u sister..cudnt have dun it without ur paints..uhhhh its all over btw.:-D

@mathi - thankz 4 commenting on d music!hmm n beer...yeah u try tellin my dad that..